DIGI-TRAN INC. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Digi-Tran Inc. takes steps intended to meet privacy principles and requirements with respect to personal information under applicable Canadian privacy legislation. The purpose of this statement is to inform our customers and other individuals we deal with how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This statement applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in Canada. This statement does not apply to the following: a) information about our employees or contractors; b) information that is not personal information; or c) those activities of Digi-Tran Inc. that are not subject to federal or provincial privacy laws.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of our business. This includes:
• contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
• product and service related information concerning the products and services that we provide to you;
• credit and financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, credit card, banking information, and your billing and credit history with Digi-Tran Inc.;
• business relationship information, including information related to your agreements with Digi-Tran Inc., preferences, advisors and decision-makers;
• customer relationship information such as customer service requests and feed-back, and information requested by or provided to you;
• technical information related to your use of our website, including technical details relating to the user’s computer or access device, location of access, and time and date of website access;
• such other information as we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Digi-Tran Inc. collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
• to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with the products and services that have been requested (for example, we will use your personal information to establish your identity and location so that we can deliver and bill requested products and services, or deliver information relevant to a product or service you have purchased), and administer the delivery of products and services to you;
• to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services and so that we may work to improve our products and services;
• to comply with your requests (for example, if you prefer to be contacted at a business or residential telephone number and advise us of your preference, we will use this information to contact you at that number);
• to provide feedback to inquiries and complaints;
• to process, service, analyze and audit your relationship with us, including collecting any money you owe us;
• to verify your identity, and to protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
• to enable us to comply with applicable law and/or regulatory requirements; and
• otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
How Do We Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information, or as permitted or required by law.
We may transfer personal information to outside agents or other service providers that perform services on our behalf, for example bookkeeping, billing, and other similar services related to our business, or otherwise to collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Canada, including the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of Canada for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We take reasonable contractual or other measures to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers. While your personal information is located outside Canada it will be subject to legal requirements in those foreign countries applicable to our service providers, for example, lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
Personal information may be used by Digi-Tran Inc. and disclosed to parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Digi-Tran Inc. or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. These purposes may include, as examples:
• permitting those parties to determine whether to proceed or continue with the transaction; or
• fulfilling reporting, inspection or audit requirements or obligations to those parties.
Assignees or successors of Digi-Tran Inc. or our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Privacy Statement.
Legal and/or Regulatory Requirements
Digi-Tran Inc. may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law, including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to Digi-Tran Inc. or our agents and other service providers, and including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in those countries.
When using our Website (www.Tscript.com), we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Website, the Internet address of the Website from which you linked directly to our Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Website you visit, and the Website pages read and images viewed. This information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website’s functionality.
The Website may use “cookies,” a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Website user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website, to track your activity at the Website, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Website experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits.
Digi-Tran Inc. collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with provincial and federal law or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested). You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any. Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this Privacy Statement, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection.
You may change or withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations and reasonable notice. In some circumstances, if you change or withdrawal consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, contractors, agents and mandataries of Digi-Tran Inc. who require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Digi-Tran Inc. may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 101 Royal Birch View NW, Calgary, Alberta, T3G 5J9. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Wendy Woodworth. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above, e-mail us at office@Tscript.com or 403-276-7611.
Revisions to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different than those described in this statement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this Privacy Statement. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should contact us as described above or check our website periodically at www.Tscript.com to obtain a current copy of this Privacy Statement. We urge you to request and review this Privacy Statement frequently to obtain the current version. Your continued provision of personal information or use of our services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This Privacy Statement is effective as of April 1, 2016.